Milk and cookies. What could be better? How about upgrading your cookie recipe with the delicious and healthy Coco Kookie created by Milk Bar's Christina Tosi and Karlie Kloss for their line of philanthropic baked goods, Karlie's Kookies™. Proceeds from your personal batch of cookies might not benefit the CFDA, but Christina and Karlie's Kookies™ spirit of giving is in every bite. Christina shared the recipe with me when I interviewed her for theHuffington Post. Thanks so much, Christina!
165g almond flour (1 ¾ Cup)
65g cup 4 cup flour blend (½ Cup)
0.5g baking powder (½ tsp)
1g cornstarch (½ tsp)
5g salt (1 tsp)
1g cinnamon (½ tsp)
47g coconut flakes (¼ Cup)
76g pecans, toasted (½ Cup)
230g maple syrup, the higher quality the more delicious (1 ½ Cup)
1g vanilla extract (½ tsp)
2g maple extract (1 tsp)
The how to:
1. Heat oven to 325 F. Line sheet tray with parchment paper.
2. Place all dry ingredients in the bowl of a mixer. Mix on low until all ingredients are dispersed evenly.
3. On low speed, slowly stream in the wet ingredients. Batter will be very wet.
4. Scoop into balls, flatten with your hand and let refrigerate for at least one hour before baking.
5. Scoop into 12 small balls, flatten into discs, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Bake for 9 minutes, then turn the sheet tray around and bake for another 9 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Cool on the baking tray at room temperature of flash-cool in the fridge or freezer if you’re in a hurry to serve Kookies!
(Recipe makes 12 each)
Originally shared on March 3, 2015